Report to School

How does it work?

To report an incident of sexual assault or unwanted sexual contact, you can connect with St. John's Deputy Title IX Coordinator by phone, email, or in-person.

Jackie Lochrie
Queens Campus in Bent Hall
Garden Level, Room 17C
[email protected]

You can download a record form to your personal device to document what happened and bring that documentation to help you make a report in-person.

 All faculty and staff, as well as students who receive payment for leadership roles and/or work study are considered “Mandated Reporters” and are required to share reports of sexual and relationship misconduct with the Title IX Coordinator. Students who are not employees of the college are encouraged to promote safety on campus by sharing any reports they receive about sexual and relationship misconduct with the Title IX Coordinator, as well.

To speak with someone confidentially, contact;

  • Campus Support Advisor, Hannah Artiles-Straver on the Queens Campus in the University Center (718-990-6550)
  • Center for Counseling and Consultation on the Queens Campus in Marillac Hall Room 130 (718-990-6384) and on the Staten Island Campus in Spellman Hall Room 101 (718-390-4451)
  • Student Health Services on the Queens Campus in DaSilva Hall First Floor (718-990-6360) and on the Staten Island Campus in Campus Center Room B-17 (718-390-4447)
Back to top

What happens after I report?

If you report to a St. John's University “Mandated Reporter”, they will notify the Title IX Coordinator, who will (or will designate a Deputy Title IX Coordinator to) contact you within two business days of your report.

If you choose to report directly to either the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinator by speaking with them in person, they will explain to you your options and the associated procedures. They will also provide you with information about academic, housing, or safety related accommodations that you may want or need.

If you would like to proceed with an investigation, you will meet with a trained Title IX Investigator. You can learn more about investigations below.

You can request interim remedies at any point during the process. These can include room change requests, class adjustments, transportation assistance, a no-contact order, and access to on- and off-campus support services.


  • If the incident you are reporting happened before you were a St. John's student, the available options may be different.
  • If the identified perpetrator is not affiliated with the school, they can still be banned from school property.
Back to top

What is an investigation?

Read more about St. John's University procedures on investigation and discipline for sexual misconduct on their website.

Back to top

Who is involved?

Reports of sexual assault or unwanted sexual contact are directed to Title IX.

You can report directly to Title IX or you can tell any St. John's faculty or staff about what happened. They are required to tell the Title IX Coordinator what you tell them, as a part of the Mandatory Reporting process.

You will not have to interact with the perpetrator. You will be interviewed separately as part of the investigation. If you choose to pursue a student conduct case, you can give your statement remotely so that you do not have to be in the same room as the perpetrator unless you choose to do so.

Your parents will not be informed unless you tell them. If you go to the hospital for a forensic exam (rape kit), you will go through the emergency room. Generally, when a student is transported to the emergency room, their parents are notified. However, to receive medical treatment after unwanted sexual contact, your parents will not be notified unless you tell them.

Back to top